The latest smart security installations have become increasingly more intelligent. Even so, you may still fail to complete easy security chores like turning on your a home security system, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you never had to worry about these chores again? With geofencing in Worcester, you can just leave the driveway and have your system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Worcester For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual border a set distance from your property, which you may customize within your smart security app. This modern home security option then uses your cell phone to see when you cross the perimeter and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements use to interact with other connected equipment. This innovative approach assists your home security by centralizing all devices onto one, unified network. You can then institute a unique boundary on all sides of your home and designate particular actions when you move beyond the boundary.
To illustrate, as soon as you exit your premises, you could program your security system to lock doors, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing can alert your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
These are some of the devices you may control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices such as TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your home security system in Worcester. With the security app, you are able to reap the benefits of smart home automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart alarms and cameras to engage at predetermined times. Have your lights start to dim to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make particular components activate in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to activate the fan if the fire alarm is set off. Or turn on your hallway lighting when your security camera senses unusual motion in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that function in harmony together. Make your smart bulbs turn off, the A/C go down, and the smart locks activate when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for TV night with specific lighting and thermostat settings.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to enable your alarm system as you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Worcester
Whether you desire added reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you go to work or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (508) 283-7533 or submit the form on this page to begin customizing your perfect security system.